Wednesday, 22 February 2012

First day in Tunisia


Today was my first full day in Tunisia. We went around town, went food shopping, and I saw where I will live. It’s a flat with 4 other interns. I share a room (and a bed) with a Chinese girl, then there’s an Estonian girl, and Indian girl and a guy from the Cote d’Ivoire. It makes for an interesting flat, they all seem really friendly though so that’s the main thing. Everyone in the flat is doing AIESEC internships, except for a couple who were hired by the places they did internships at so are staying for longer.
I also went to see the AIESEC office yesterday. It’s really social, pretty big office with a couple of computers with internet connection (!!) and loads of people hang out there all the time. I managed to find myself at least 3 people to teach me Arabic so that should help J Everyone speaks pretty good English, I have to keep remembering to slow down a bit though, English is the 3rd language for everyone here and I think they have trouble keeping up with my accent….
I’m pretty much over the jetlag I think/hope – I ended up crashing before 10 yesterday which isn’t too bad. The internet only comes on after 11pm though because it’s been used up for this month already. Luckily it still works between 11pm and 8am, so if we stay up a bit we can get internet at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment